Friday, September 08, 2006

life imitating posters?



i was surfing poster sites because i wanted to buy some fashion posters to adorn my brand-new office with (whoo! i have my own OFFICE now! it's in my new apartment, but still.), and i came across these (allposters.com) :

GAH! is it just me or does anyone else want to be IN these posters? i want to wear that 1940s candy-striped swimsuit! porkchopgirl has had a swimsuit on sale just like it that i've been eyeing for weeks. an the last one! not a fashion poster per se, but the way her yellow scarf flows in the north french breeze, her stylish hat and her bright red parapluie...ah! i want a parapluie, and binoculars that look over to mont st. michel!

there was such a subtle glamour to these old fashion posters, these simplistic old-tymey graphicsand as much as i enjoy some of today's fashion advertising, i'd take these over a naked waif sporting nothing but shoes (a watch, a diamond necklace, a handbag...) anyday. i think i'm going to buy that first one. but first i need the matching bathing suit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love old posters. My sister was decorating her apartment and found some old Shweppes(soft drink company) ads at a second hand store, they're so cool. I'm going to add link your blog to mine because I really like it.

Alison said...

I love the fashion/vintage feel of all the posters, especially the bathing suit one. can you say, chique?

travel notes said...

I lurve the last poster! I've never seen that one before. Mont St. Michel is a fabulous place. I want that little black dress!

la femme said...

Love home offices... My mom's partner has the first one in her dining room.

Sarah said...

i reallu like the vogue pictures. they're just fabulous and look so cool. i wish it was still the 40's