Tuesday, October 10, 2006

can thrift overcome dolce?


so i really really really want this dolce & gabbana silk scarf that i found on overstock.com. lookit! it's so lovely! i hardly EVER wear scarves but lately i've begun imagining myself as a woman who wears scarves, and boy, is she chic. i could knot it around my neck to hide my un-impressive jawline, OR around the handle of my new/vintage leather handbag that is just languishing in my closet, waiting for me to have some official business-y meeting that i can wear it to.

and it's in newsprint! in different languages! and it used to be $200! and now is only $30! i have trouble buying anything online over $15. i think it's because in my recent thrifting overload, i have come to realize that in no way do i have to spend more than $20 to own one rockin' item.

however, that usually doesn't include dolce.

or gabbana.

hmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I really like that. I've never looked around much on overstock (I always figured it was camp gear or something) but I realize there is much cooler stuff to be had.

Carissa Duhamel said...

Its urban mais tres chic, j'aime bien. =]

Unknown said...

Oh I just love discounts.

Isabel said...

Dolce for $30, feakin buy it! (smiles) I totally have a skirt like that too!

Katie said...

It's beautiful.

Something about newsprint that makes it look really cool and vintage.