Saturday, January 27, 2007

loveable monster creatures and more...

i thought i'd take this opportunity to share with you some wonderful artwork that i've discovered online in the past few weeks. their work gives me those good shivers where i get all over-excited and think "OOH! i want these covering EVERY INCH OF MY LIVING ROOM WALL!!!!!!!"

ashley g! you can find her shop on etsy.com.
i bought this one, entitled "windy day," and it now lives on my blue wall, behind my bed. it is too lovely. her works are so precious and fairy-tale-esque and like a link to another magical world. the creatures that she renders are too adorable, like wee harmless monsters that you want to fit into your pocket and whisper your secrets to all day long, knowing you'll get an adoring little squeeze hug in return.

i'm currently lusting after this one, called "party for one."

go and grab one of her prints in her etsy shop now!

another one i'm loving is jennifer's work in her shop, http://stilettoheights.etsy.com. Her collage work has an ethereal romanticism to it that she creates by melding vintage script in cursive, love letters painted all over the canvas with photographs of women lounging seductively in bed or walking down lonely city streets. There is a haunting escapism here that is incredibly alluring, and her work ranges from smaller, affordable canvases to large-scale work.


6 comments:

Carissa Duhamel said...

Much too cute, lovelyyy.

Anonymous said...

Helloooooo! And thank you! Thank you for the mention! Your blog is fantastic and I am so flattered that you like my work :)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer's work is awesome. I love the colors.

stilettoheights said...

How amazing! Thanks you for featuring me, that was so cool, you made my Monday, I am now adding your blog to the growing list of blogs I adore.

indigomast said...

:o amazing!

Isabel said...

The 1st two pieces are definitely my kind of cute.