Monday, January 01, 2007

newsboy cap -->newsies --> christian bale --> ahh.


i have had a torrid history with hats. namely because they never, EVER look good on me. i'm simply not one of those girls that can top an outfit off with a fedora and look wicked hot. just can't. I look like a doofus every time, in every style of hat. So, as le boy and i were breezing thru nordstrom's today, and he stopped at the men's hats and tried on a few newsboy styles (which he looks ravishing in, by the way), i tried one on as a joke. Lo! Behold! I was astonished at my reflection. A navy blue Kangol newsboy cap stared back at me, atop by newly lightened strands of hair and DAMN. I looked good. So good that three passers-by stopped to tell me how much they loved my outfit (black free people mini babydoll dress, white tights, brown boots, and my caramel leather motorcycle jacket i bought in rome 6 years ago) and that I definitely needed to buy the hat. And they weren't even employees!

needless to say, i bought it and am now wearing it, even though i just put it on to take the dog out and am still wearing it in my pajamas on my way to bed and now my boyfriend is turning off all the lights around me and saying "shop's closed, lady," so, guess it's bedtime.

yay! yay kangol! you have a new friend in me! everyone run to your nearest nordstrom's men's department and make a happier, more subtly stylin' you!

3 comments:

Carissa Duhamel said...

I look awful in hats, so this newsboy cap has peaked my interest. I think I may have to make a visit to Nordstrom..

a said...

i bought a hat like that, never once have i worn it.
i look reasonably ok in beret's, but not if they're flat or to the side or weird like that.
hats generally make my head look flat.
as soon as i saw christian bale in the title i had to read this post!

Unknown said...

Christian Bale. I like an intelligent man, I read that in my horoscope today and it's true, I like him and he seems intelligent. Congrats on finding the hat by the way.