Friday, September 28, 2007

welcome to londontown.

hello again, dear readers!!


it's been faaaaaaar too long. i have maintained a rather infrequent contribution to this blog up to now, but now that i'm alone in a new city, with a fresh slate, i think it's high-time to get to the nitty-gritty.


what's it like to leave everything you know & are comfortable with, pluck down across the pond, and start over again?


i'll attempt to explain in the coming year. i've moved to rainy london from phoenix/chicago (arizona as my university & post-graduation home, chicago as my homehome) for a Master's in modern literature here in london. i am lucky enough to have my best friend here, who will be here working thru december, but beyond meg, i don't know a soul.


it's been a hard go at it. i was so excited to leave, and when i left my mum & boyfriend at the airport, all i could do is cry and feel sorry for myself. i've done this before: i studied abroad for a year in italy & france my junior year at college, but it's harder at 24 than at 20. My life was more ingrained back in the states, and i was so happy with my boyfriend there. picking up & leaving again has proven more difficult, but i'm sure i'll persevere and make friends & ensconce myself in reading & writing, which i haven't had nearly enough of in the past year.
so, welcome to london. i'll keep you posted.
this evening's agenda: Joanna Newsom concert at the Royal Albert Hall. words cannot DESCRIBE my excitement. that makes all my musical concert dreams come true: bjork & joanna newsom, all in one year. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
and if you're in chicago, pet this little fella for me. i miss him & his owner very very much. : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

London's not that bad, you'll enjoy it.

And welcome to England. Hope you like the rain, and ignore the sarcasm, we do it to everyone.

travel notes said...

Welcome back ma cherie!

I hope you have a fantastic time in London. There is so much to be discovered :)

xx