Monday, May 14, 2007

We have a whole life to live together, you fucker, but it can't start until you call.


Miranda July, right up there in my top 5 favorite creative women in the world (along with Bjork, Jenny Holzer, Margaret Atwood, & Sophie Calle) has a book coming out tommorrow, and I am positively quivering with excitement. It's a collection of short stories entitled No One Belongs Here More Than You, and you mustmustmust go to the website:

www.noonebelongsheremorethanyou.com


Always an original, she sounds her authorial trumpet by writing with a dry-erase marker on different kitchen appliances and photographing each sentence, all leading to a photo-story to announce her upcoming book. It's too lovely for words.

If you haven't yet seen "You, Me, & Everyone We Know," go out and rent it TODAY. It's a unbelievably endearing modern tale of intersecting quirky characters and stories: a family torn apart by divorce, a little boy's naive foray into the world of internet sex, an elderly couple's love, and a woman's tendency to wish her fantasies into reality so hard that they just might happen.

7 comments:

stilettoheights said...

sounds spectacular

Parisian Cowboy said...

Indeed. I'll have to check this. Thanx.

Emma said...

oh, I've seen that website! I love it, can't wait for the book.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog! Love it! That author's site is so fun!

As a fellow Arizona resident, I loved your post from last year about not being able to walk anywhere in Phoenix. It is so annoying. I am also an ASU alum who is STILL HERE. I can't wait to move somewhere else. Are you still in Phoenix?nachosc24@yahoo.com

santhana s said...

i've been looking for a book to read during my daily commute...and now i know just what to get!

Unknown said...

Oh yes...
yes,yes,yes & yes to all that you've wrote, all of the blogs.
yes.




~ x X Miss Lexy Sweet Kiss X x ~

Snookums said...

I think you're the second or third person who's recommending that novel, so I might take a closer look.

The website's hilarious, I must say.

As for the movie, isn't it called, Me and You and Everyone We Know. I think you inversed the "you" with the "me". Haha, and nice title ... quote from the movie, yes?

Anyway, I love your blog. Mucho entertaining, I must say.