Thursday, November 08, 2007

Do the D.A.N.C.E.


I'm leaving for Barcelona in a few hours (visiting my friend Juan that I met while studying in Grenoble three years ago, and then hopping across Spain to visit my high school best friend, ms. anna, in Madrid), and have yet to pack or even get my laundry out of the dryer, so here's a quick round-up of the past week's activities!

Graffiti art in Shoreditch, artsy district where I want to move for the summer. That Mona Lisa is just brilliant (minus the added crap graffiti on her ass)

Thomas's ridiculous robotic cast. Lesson learned: don't jump off of a bus shelter whilst drunk. Or, don't jump off of bus shelters, full stop.

Meg dressed as a cupcake fairy in topshop.

new dress. whee!

subverting the system: sneaking carrot & coriander soup and a scone into the cinema. We saw Control, the ian curtis biopic, and jesus mothereffing christ was it depressing. it made me want to lie in a dark room listening to joy division and smoke cigarettes all night. But: really, really, really good and highly recommended...go see. Just don't plan on having any fun later in the day.

The "hoover" from 1973 that the student accommodations office loans out.

*
Last night, Victoria, Mark, Rebecca & I went to NAGNAGNAG night at, well, The Ghetto.

Mark making nice with Bea beforehand:
getting ready to d.a.n.c.e.

the stage wasn't being used yet, so mark & i thought it would be a good idea to get on up there and dance. Then we faux-performed: Mark sang into the microphone and I went so far as to play the keyboard, until someone had to come tell us to, erm, get down. but he seemed highly amused, so, yanno.

And then, well, Atomizer got on stage and performed, with microphones turned on and everything:
Wow. Awesome.


The next time you hear from me, my post will be sprinkled with Catalan. :)

3 comments:

Emma said...

I don't think this blog could be any more brilliant.
It is utterly (butterly) genius.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your ability to go to top shop. I love Spain, you should have a blast!!

Electric Lady said...

you look super cute. i love the blue tights!