Friday, August 11, 2006


hello again, dear reader(s?)!

after much consideration, deliberation, and recreation(al) perusing of the lovely style blogs on this world wide wizneb, i have decided that i would like to share my fashion and style musings on this blog as well as it being a sort of journal in my newly post-graduate state. it's a perfect time to start a public journal, as i just graduated from college a few months ago and am attempting to navigate myself along with my passions into the "real world." not quite yet, though, i'm mainly serving and dog-sitting for the moment, as i have no clue how exactly to get started on my dream life, which is to:
1) write novels in an inspiring fast-paced city like paris, san francisco, london, dublin...
2) travel travel travel, i'm craving europe like women who are preggers crave pickles and ice cream
3) work for a magazine, to eventually start my own fashion/music/film/art/travel mag
4) engage in some sort of intercultural international visual arts attache type job
5) generally be and look fabulous and have millions of friends and spend my free moments in loud, crowded restaurants, walking down lonely cobblestone alleys, filled with lovelovelove, books & art & film & music everywhere, and imagining myself in some sort of lovely romantic haunted black & white photograph. much like in the photo above! (which i can't figure out for the life of me how to post where i want it, not at the top of the post. help?)

gah! i was going to post some lovely guy bourdin photos that move me in my style bits like no other photographer has managed to do thus far, but i'll save him for next time, hopefully after i get advice from my reader(s?) as to how the heck to manage the photo posting on this newfangled thing.

there! now you know ALL ABOUT ME. or about 1/8 of my aspirations, anyway. i'm friendly and would love to e-meet fellow bloggers, so don't be shy! i've felt slightly silly posting gushing comments all over some other blogs (ahem, femme, embrouillllllllllamini), but that's what this is all about, right? making strange friends out in the ether? the e-galaxee?

right, over and out. must be up at 5 to serve food to people who, inexplicably, choose to wake up and EAT at 6 AM ON SATURDAYS. who? WHO? WHY????? GO TO BED, PEOPLE! GO. TO. BED.

and that's exactly what i shall do. g'nite!




8 comments:

la femme said...

I have come to the conclusion that we are the same person, but born in different countries.

That photograph is so fabulous.

I love the Bourdin shot on your myspace with the heels strutting across a street all on their own in front of an oncoming car. I swear my shoes do that at night.

Looking forward to your musings...

travel notes said...

I read down your list going "Check....check..." - especially at numero cinq! I can't wait to indulge myself in that lifestyle. It may seem like a cliché but who cares? I'll be in Paris - the City of Light and Lurrrrve :)

thetiniestspark said...

oh, yay! we ARE THE SAME PERSON. i KNOW. why do you live so far away in canadia? and embrouillamini, why do you live in england (which i'm extremely jealous of, btw!!)??

sigh. we'll have to meet up in paris. SOONSOONSOON.

lovemynew-e-friends : )

Unknown said...

ah, i am so excited! and this only scratches the surface of your amazing-ness. i love you, you stylish girl, gams and all!

Isabel said...

Good luck with your blog, it seems promising!!!

travel notes said...

I live in a typical town in the North East of England, where the weather is dull and the people are even duller. It's NOT a fabulous place, although we are quite close to some beautiful countryside. But a run of the mill town is no good for me - I need a wild city adventure!

santhana s said...

hmm, your list looks a lot like mine!

Snookums said...

The photo's fabulous ... I would kill for that, too.

Colour must please disappear for those mere moments.

And nice way to conclude.
People can't possibly eat that early. It takes me two hours to eat after I wake, so what, they get up at 4ish?

Um ... no. Wake up (or better yet, don't) and face the pillow.

Loving your blog, by the way.