Thursday, August 24, 2006

how many months?

well, it's been a stressful past few days, mixed with highs and lows, fun and exhaustion.
we'll start with the icky stuff:
-saying g'bye to the cutest labs EVAR that i'd been dogsitting for the past 3 weeks. seriously, i have never met dogs this sweet in my LIFE. they literally fall asleep next to me hugging me, their paws wrapped around me. gah! these blurry guys right here:


-standing in line at home depot, waiting for my paint to be made, lunshowered, no makeup, looking like absolute crap and wearing my oversized Zara top that i love because it's basically like wearing a comfy white sheet , and having some dude next to me ask :

"how many months?"
"uh, months what?"
"pregnant...you're pregnant, right?"
::blushing furiously:: "NO...I'M JUST WEARING AN OVERSIZED TOP WHICH I HAVE TIED IN AN APPARENTLY VERY UNFLATTERING MANNER. IT'S JUST. A. REALLY. BIG. TOP."
tears were practically shed. AUGH. clearly must begin feared gym membership asap. :(

-stressful time at work....managers have been up our asses lately and it's INCREDIBLY irritating.
-moving. my boyfriend and i are living amidst piles of our belongings, just waiting for: dressers to be assembled, curtains to be bought, laundry to be done, furniture to be bought...
-$ stresses. man, now that i've graduated, i'm learning how rough it is to have to pay for EVERYTHING on my own. ev.er.y.thing. which is difficult when i refuse to work a 9-5 job. hrmph.

ONTO HAPPY THINGS:

i went to uffie's concert! if you haven't heard her music, go nownownow. www.myspace.com/uffie she's an awesome mix of electrorock/rap, and totally cute. here she is in all her adorable glory:

during her song, "ready to f*ck," she had all the females in the house come up on stage and rock out and dance. oh HELL YES i went up on stage to DANCE. WITH. UFFIE. i am the one in the shiny vintage slip (and boots, femme : ) ) grabbing my own hair in uffie-stasy.

it was a great nite had by all.

also, i have some interviews this week for a very promising arts commission internship as well as a part-time clothing-store gig. wish me luck, eee!

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Men don't understand sheet clothes...Tsk tsk.

la femme said...

Oh! I've had the babydoll top/preggers thing happen before... They are so comfy though!

Money is always hard... I feel for ya. Let's one of us win the lottery OK? Hope that your rockin online emorium starts bring in a profit at some point... :D

Love Uffie!!! Jealous!

xx