Friday, May 11, 2007

coachella-style-hunter.




Sweaty camera in hand, i snuck *clicks* at some examples of Coachella style. Fashion do's and don'ts to follow ("don't" mainly exhibited by pot-bellied boy with a t-shirt wrapped around his head, Turban style. And I don't think he was trying to emulate the Prada Fall '07 turban look, either.) I had bigger ambitions than follow-thru: I intended this to be a full-on facehunter homage, but fatigue and dehydration set in, and lying face-down in the grass in the air-conditioned Heineken tent and passing out in the sun during MSTRKRFT won over style scouting. But, still...




This lady and her sunny yellow dress got us all dancing to one of the members of The Faint who DJ'd in the globe tent that lit up at night.

Here he is! (HOT.) Shades + tight white tee + grey vest = zexy.



Loved this girl's pink hair and vintage see-thru babydoll top. After we film the documentary in June, I think I'll be adding a few streaks of pink to my blonde locks...

And there we have it. It's more theta alpha phi than Prada, no? This is when style deteriorates and people just don't care anymore, because it's just too damn hot to worry about how you look when sweat won't stop running down the backs of your thighs.


Adorable. Lots of girls opted to just wear tops as dresses and pair with some rough little ankle boots, as she did. I marveled at how many girls wore boots, until I realized that it wasn't just about enduring unbelievable heat for fashion: it's an easy way to sneak in drugs! Ah, it all comes together.

Another style note was all of the Ray-Ban Corey Hart sunglasses going on. It was cute for about five minutes, but I'm over it -- I'd say 1/3 girls wore them, and when that happens, you know it's time for a trend to die. Also of note were all the '70s hippie headbands the circled the forehead rather than kept hair out of the face. I'm all for that look, but it's hard to pull off if you're not at a summer festival. Note to self for Lollapalooza style this summer in Chicago...

1 comment:

Emma said...

oh my god. all fantastic, me so jealous.
your camera has great quality because those pics look fantastic.