Sunday, December 16, 2007

IT'S 18TH CENTURY FRENCH HUGUENOT


Tomorrow, I'll fly home to Chicago for the holidays. Things I'm looking forward to (aside from family/friends, of course):

*Watching the ref at least 3 times, per my family's christmas tradition.
*Birthday cake...with mom, with dad, with friends, I can count on at least 3 in my immediate future. whee.
*twinkly Michigan Avenue
*cold walks with my dogs
*documentary on the Helvetica font at the Gene Siskel film centre. YEAH.
*wandering wicker park with ryan, pool & beer in pubs
*horse-back riding with my aunt
*snow........???? I came out of Harrod's yesterday and for a full 5 minutes, twilit Knightsbridge went a-glow with snow flurries. all of the tourists gaped open-mouthed at the sky, pointing and exclaiming. I texted my friends to let them know it was snowing, but no one else saw it. Unless it was some magical winter wonderland PR stunt, I swear it happened, though of course I did not have my camera with me. It was pretty magical, and was over by the time I walked to the tube station.

beautiful primrose hill.

Christmas (chrimbo) feast at mark's party last nite. i learned what BREAD SAUCE is (behind the brussel sprouts), and jesus christ, it's fucking delicious. also i had parsnips for the first time, which were LIFE-CHANGING.


an entire store dedicated to ukuleles. awesome.

No comments: