Saturday, January 12, 2008

home, home, where i wanted to go.



I'm back in London after a lovely, too-short stay at home in Chicago. I completed most of the desired activities on my list 2 posts below. I also: ate a lot of frosting and sushi (separately), went for a beautiful run in a heavy snowfall on New Year's eve, jogging my own footsteps into the white path, ended my love affair with platinum hair, got a new pair of glasses (i've been wearing this old pair for 6 years now (+ contacts). Will show photos of the new pair when they arrive, merci a dad...), walked around beautiful downtown, cuddled with my dogs, trimmed and took down a Christmas tree, and said a heavy-hearted goodbye to a long, truly wonderful relationship. It was a holiday of very mixed emotions, and yet another peek into the reality of being confusedly split between different cities, people, and opportunities.

But, it's always delightful to go home.

adorable mommy.


Sweet auntie on xmas day. Too bad she has cats, otherwise i would love to spend more time in her cozy house (I'm stupidly allergic). However, we did indeed go horseback riding in snowy Wisconsin, and it was a magical winter wonderland ride!

Mum, ashamed of what she did to all the cupcakes (ate the frosting off of the top and left the cake for the poor schmuck (read: Me) who opens the box expecting a complete cupcake). I do the same thing to frosting-ed items. Now I know where I get it from.



Speaking of frosting, welcome to Ann Sather's, home of the best cinnamon roll in Chicago, nay, THE WORLD. Seriously. If you ever go to Chicago, this should be a first stop. Ask for extra icing. That's how I roll.

cutest puppy in the world.

view out of the window of the MCA (contemporary art museum), where I bought Sophie Calle's book Double Game. Love her.

<3.

2 comments:

Gillian Young said...

Man...I respect how you roll...that extra icing cinnamon bun looks tantalizing...

Kirsten said...

that is the CUTEST PICTURE of ramses and tahti!