Monday, June 09, 2008

to market, to market.

Yesterday morning was my first visit to Columbia Road flower market, a Sunday ritual for green-thumbed Londoners. It's tucked away in Shoreditch, but all I had to do was follow the direction from where the clusters of people carrying greenery were coming. Easy peasy.

I met up with one of my future flatmates (moving in 2 weeks, can't waiiiiiit) for iced lattes and breakfast, curb-side. It was a delightful visit, and I am pinching myself with disbelief at the idea that it will be just a 5-minute walk from my doorstep once I move.

This photo was taken just before some heinous lady shoved me to the side as she moved past me (the tiny walkway betwixt stalls is impossibly crowded, but STILL, yo), and i fell into those flower pots. My calf is bruised, but I felt worse for fucking up some marketer's plants. It was so crowded no one seemed to really notice, though, but I was still blushing beneath my white ray bans.


Lovely antique shoppe.




We munched on breakfast and sipped our delicious iced cold drinks whilst watching all the people move past to the sound of this lovely man's accordian. Ah, summertime in London. And then I had to wonder: could I be any happier?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaving KT? No!!

I haven't tried the Ethiopian place yet though I do indeed live very close to it (around the corner from the Fire Station... just off Highgate road). I will take myself there ASAP.

Flora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flora said...

I have been to the flower market quite often! Lovely shops all around.

And by the way, Kira, you're tagged!
Tell me about food:
http://floradouville.blogspot.com/2008/06/
food-again.html

[remove the space in the url]

Anonymous said...

Gardening is supposed to teach you patience. The hag that pushed you must not have gotten the memo.