Friday, April 04, 2008

well, it happened.

It hasn't happened since a train in Prague, 3 years ago, but on the 73 bus today, direction Stoke Newington, which I only hopped on for a lousy, lazy three effing stops, my wallet was stolen. The bus was stuffed, I was pushed into a corner near the door, listening to In Rainbows, and my beloved Longchamp tote (labelwhore moment, but it's a seriously fantastic bag) was unzipped and my beloved cupcake wallet from Kirsten was stolen, along with all my IDs, library cards, drivers licenses from arizona AND illinois, bank cards, and seven lousy, measly pounds. : (

More than the inconvenience it causes, it just makes me so frustrated with and disappointed in HUMANITY. why, humanity, why??? NO ONE carries cash anymore since the invention of the debit card, so i hope you really enjoyed your seven fucking pounds, asshole.

Murghghghghghhhhh.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

NOT THE CUPCAKE WALLET!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( i'm sorry baby.

juliet small ernst said...

terrible! thieves!

i am sorry, mb. what a major drag.

though perhaps this means you've met your quota and shall never have anything stolen from you again? eh? eh?

sigh. :(

travel notes said...

oh man, I'm sorry to hear about this - grrrrrrr! Hope you're ok xxx

kei said...

aw i'm sorry to hear, i remember seeing that cute wallet at that tequila place last winter :(

longchamp tote! did you have that at the tequila place too?

Unknown said...

I am really sorry to hear about this. Hope you did not lose too much money and that you sorted out the cards ok.
Bryn