Wednesday, April 02, 2008

you ain't nothin' but a

so. effing. dreamy.

via farpitzs

fun fact: i grew up with an Elvis shrine in my house. my mom wrote and directed a (fantastically funny) play about the debauched ghost of Elvis who comes to visit a lonely, depressed woman on Christmas Eve, and because of this my mom received every Elvis-related gift known to man -- Elvis-stitched pillows, Elvis dolls, books about Elvis, hell, even a VELVET PAINTING of Elvis. Instead of leaving this scattered all about our home, mom fashioned a shrine to him that remained in our dining room for years. So he will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus I listened to his cassette tapes on endless repeat from ages 8-10. And I read Priscilla's autobiography. Riveting, people.

3 comments:

kei said...

i'm sorry to break this but mariah carey just surpassed elvis in record number of number 1 singles (he had 17, she has 18, beatles have 20). but i'll give it to elvis that he's no longer with us, and that's why she was able to surpass him. omg i just learned 'blue moon' on the piano, you can sing and i will play!!!!!

tapecase | r s e said...

iwantyouineedyouiloveyou is one of my all time favorite songs-
he holds a very special place in my heart.
my grandmother and her sister would go see elvis every time his bus rolled into town-the next day,
my aunt ruth would give me a detailed play by play description of the entire show, with simulated elvis karate moves!

Micaela said...

i love this!!! My mom grew up pretty poor in the Philippines. Even still, she would save her lunch money and sneak off to watch his movies :) It was one of the best things she gave me- a love for him. Ha, i MUST hear more of this fabulous play your Mom wrote!!! love it!