Monday, May 19, 2008

roses are red, violets are blue


happy happy birthday
to mahboob!

one of my favorite people in the world, my dear best friend juliet, celebrates her 25th today, 5,456 long miles away from me.

Fact: we call each other "mahboob" because when she came to visit me in chicago several summers ago, we drove by a hair salon on Devon Ave., aka Little India, named "MAHBOOB." We had a really fun time experimenting with the endless permutations available to that salon's receptionist:

"Hello, what can mahboob do for you today?"

"What time would you like to come into mahboob?"

"Mahboob is open every day but Mondays."

"You will love your hair after mahboob is through with it."

anyhow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET BEST FRIEND O' MINE!!!! I LOVE YOU MADLY!!!!

2 comments:

juliet small ernst said...

hahaha--"you will love your hair after mahboob is through with it."

"no shoes, no shirt, no mahboob."

I LOVE YOU! I LERVE YOU! I LUFF YOU!

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be 25 and have friends who love you. What more can you ask?