Wednesday, May 14, 2008

yore.

A few days back I posted some photos from ponygraph and said they looked like my mom at 19. Here she is I think around 22, obviously not the best photo but the only one I have with me in London of her at that age. Awful quality thanks to my extremely shitty camera, but voila:

me mum. i think it's pretty uncanny. click to enlarge and compare to link above.

here is a photo from the 70s of my adorable, sweet, funny, cracked, sarcastic, witty aunt leslie. her middle name is ann. she was mercilessly taunted in grammar school with calls of "lez-bee-an." but it's ok, because she more than made up for it by turning into a major badass and kicking the shit out of pretty much everyone in high school, including fighting on my mother's behalf in her fights. a few years back she got out of her car at a red light and punched a guy in the face who had just cut her off "because that's what jagoffs get when they cut off women driving with their babies in the backseat." here's to you, badass auntie. ::raises glass::

and here is blurry, wee me, on vacation in florida, i think. or maybe hawaii. i want that hair again. that bathing suit, too.

1 comment:

juliet small ernst said...

your mom is adorable, your aunt is freaking awesome, and i had no idea your hair was so blonde as a little one! also, i love you. :)