Sunday, November 30, 2008

don't let anybody tell you that you're not humpable

Well, Thanksgiving was lovelier than I could have imagined, despite my rather debilitating cat allergies. My parents sharing a meal together for the first time in six years was pretty momentous, and strangely, wonderfully, good -- great, even, like tears of laughter running down my face great. Like home. Like the holidays should be. Plus, I made that pumpkin pie my bitch, my cousin played his beautiful compositions on the piano, my uncle played his git-tar and serenaded us, my cousin and I beat his dad at Trivial Pursuit for the first time ever, and did I mention I made that pumpkin pie my bitch?
This church and state dress is now minemineminemine thanks to an early xmas present from dad and i am nevereverever taking it off, sorree hygiene

A drunken Australian at the Map Room enlightened me on Australian dialect "My name is Alistair, anyhow." "your name is Alistair Anyhow?" "Noye, that's ... just what we say." and the romance of modern voyager bedding practices: "It's my last night in Chicago, what bar around here can I find a bird to take home with me tonight?" "Well, it depends what kind of girl you're looking for." "No preference, really" was the joyful response. Kirsten told him she lived in Cairns for 6 months and he pointed at her rack and yelled "Cairns? CANS." Splendid.

A busy week lies ahead of gainful employment, bookslut readings, bikram, pizza dates, magazine parties, and caroling at cloud gate. KIRAMAS IS HEEEEERE.

Kirsten & I have been serenading each other with this kind of non-stop, I didn't want to exclude you. Enjoy. 
(why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly??)

3 comments:

Crispin Best said...

you could be a waitress


i remember when i first read your blogger profile 'interests' and i thought it was a list of things you liked to frost.


Interests

* frosting: puppies, old people, old things, old places, don draper


that's not even a lie or anything

Anonymous said...

Answer: Because then they wouldn't be hetrosexual men.

Anonymous said...

Answer: Because then they wouldn't be hetrosexual men.