Monday, November 24, 2008

just one last hit like

your leisure is my pleasure.

today i:

*finished this on the el on my way to work in the wee pre-9 am hours, contentedly sandwiched in a packed car between many a metrognome:
I enjoyed it, but I can't say it's my favorite murakami -- his effort at rendering a cinematic effect felt like he was wrenching it out of the text rather than letting it fall quietly between the lines, which is what otherwise makes murakami such pleasurable magic. i much prefer sputnik sweetheart, norwegian wood, or kafka on the shore to this one.

then it snowed a glorious, full-on, christmas-type big wet flaky snow as i headed to a friend's place to drink cocoa with marshmallows (i'm the world's worst "vegetarian"...fine, fine, pescetarian) and watch scottish drug addicts do their scottish drug addict THANG. oh, ewan, you can do no wrong. 

No comments: