Tuesday, October 16, 2007

oh sinnerman, where you gonna run to?


Whoa, there. Sorry. Got a bit caught up in the LONDON WEEKEND, if y'know what I mean. No? You don't? Oh. Sorry, I forgot to fill you in. I have friends now! whee.

It was a very busy weekend, I think i was home for like negative 3 hours the whole time. Friday was student union pub, meeting all sorts of random drunken folk, which is always entertaining, especially when they're Irish, where you're sure to have ridiculous conversations about bestiality with philosphy/public policy Master's students. ha! and you thought pubs weren't educational.

Saturday was Topshop extravaganza with meg, where i purchased three items that have not left my side since. An ivory woolen capelet that keeps me warm in the non-heated warehouse studio where I work, & a stripey cardigan to give me that nautical flair for those three non-waterlogged minutes a day here, I almost bought a lovely 40s-inspired dress from the Kate Moss collection, but I have to work up the gumption to stop translating the price from pounds to dollars in my head before I can.

I also purchased a preeeeeetty hot pink party dress, which brings me to Saturday nite.


KOKO. The hot camdentown theatre-come-dance-club, a short walk from my place, with the largest disco ball in europe. FORSERIOUS! check it:


They don't play around with their disco balls here, apparently.

boogey:
Sunday was market day. A couple of kids from my Master's program & I went to Brick Lane, Upmarket, and wandered around the pretty shops and world-food stalls. We ate: Caribbean salads, random Japanese tofu/fish/rice ball things, paella, and baklava. Mmm.

Why has America not gotten on the weekend market bandwagon yet? I cannot explain it. Beyond the odd farmer's market or two, we are SERIOUSLY lagging in this department. It's immensely enjoyable, it brings a crapload of people out on the weekends, and independent designers and vintage buyers are able to sell their wares to a hungry public. I don't see the problem here. It's genius.

Ok, off to read some more Henry James. On the menu tonite: Turn of the Screw, which is delightfully, if not rip-off-fully, Jane Eyre-esque, and In the Cage.

5 comments:

Mr R Rabbit said...

Well that is a very nice dress and it looks like you had a great weekend, but what on earth is that stuck to your breast in the last picture.

Sorry, its just my first thought was that you'd forgotten to take the price tag off your new body.

thetiniestspark said...

hah, it's sparkly confetti that they rained down on the dancefloor, happened to land in that opportune spot.

Mr R Rabbit said...

I still prefer my price tag idea, so how much exactly do you cost?

kei said...

She's priceless!! Kira you look like a cupcake personified!

Mr R Rabbit said...

So free then?

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the London nightlife. I'll keep an eye out for that dress next time I'm in the city.