Sunday, October 07, 2007

weekending


I needed this weekend -- I'm finally starting to feel more at home here, and more excited to explore this massive new city o' mine, rather than wrapped into the folds of my tiny room, which is becoming less "Soviet bloc housing" and more "cozy homey" thanks to some mad decorating STYLEZ.


Friday: Beaudelaire discussions in class, Bond street exploratio
n, reading in Green Park (you have to pay a POUND FIFTY to sit in one of the lounge chairs scattered about in the parks here. I totally thought that was a lovely gift of the city, until an outstretched palm informed me otherwise), and meeting Meg at the Duke's Head pub in Putney for "a piss" with her co-workers.

Putney bridge:


Saturday, meg & i (see? she is my only friend here. all hail meg, everyone!!!) went to the tate modern, which was LOVERLY. we were a few days early for the louise bourgeois exhibit, but here is a view of one of her sculptures from the 4th floor window, st. paul's cathedral is the one cutting the imposing architectural figure across the river:

I could spend an entire day in the bookshop alone. Gah!

Sol LeWitt's geometry at the Tate:



MMMM. Greek food along the Thames. Think we ordered enough dishes? hummous, tzatziki, lentil puree, taramosalata, pita, mmmmm.


Then, I was invited by some family friends visiting London to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra play (of all things!) at the Royal Festival Hall. My first time seeing Bolero live, and waow! it gave me goosebumps. Nice job, Ravel. and CSO. 7th ROW! amazing. Also, Melissa wore a pink satin Prada clutch that I covettttttttttttttttttttt. I'm not usually into bags all that much, especially fancy brand-name bags, but omgomgomgomgomgomgomg. gimme the pretty.

5 comments:

kei said...

i love your posts. please post away. i'm on blogger too. so are some other folks, like richard and wesley. joe is on wordpress; all their links are on my blog. anyway keep posting please please please!!!!

kei said...

you have blue wellies? those big rubber "shit-kicker" boots? i have black ones i wore today because it was supposed to thunderstorm. mary kate olsen has a black pair too! (i hope that's what you meant by wellies.)

Unknown said...

Uh...you met up in a pub for a piss?

Just to check, are you referring to a piss up?

thetiniestspark said...

i guess that's what i was referring to? or, now i am, anyway.

Anonymous said...

hahaha yes, it was a piss up. and what a piss up it was!

GREEK FOOD GIMME MORE!