Thursday, March 20, 2008

making friends.

Welcome to Installment I of trying to make friends at my new job. I'm the only native English speaker, so maybe sarcasm, however cheerfully intended, was not the best tack. It was after 5pm and the lovely Chinese bloke still had "lunch!" as his away message on our company IM server.

(5:07 PM) kira: you must be eating a really, really good lunch. : )
(5:08 PM) coworker: my lunch is always a sandwich
(5:08 PM) kira: haha i'm kidding -- your status on spark says you are still eating lunch
(5:08 PM) kira: so it must be really good to last this long
(5:08 PM) coworker: one bagle and 4 slices of bread

...sigh.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

haha that is amazing. please post all incidents like this!

journaler said...

kirraa

haha sounds like my conversations with the KO parents