Sunday, March 02, 2008

sunday shopping ...


... in Covent Garden, where i picked up this rad-ass vintage 60s bikini. After unsuccessful stabs at finding something that caught my fancy at Rockit vintage, h&m, and various other boutiques where I coveted plenty but could afford nothing, Mint Vintage Clothing was our last stop before catching the bus home, and it proved to be just the ticket -- I fell for this bikini immediately. I've been wanting a fun, Gidget-inspired vintage bathing suit for over a year now but haven't found The Perfect One until today...! I tried it on, and despite the RIDICULOUS breast cups - pictured here, after I removed them from the lining --




i knew it was love, love, love. But seriously, wtf is up with those breast cups. What were they THINKING in the 50s and 60s? They made my chest protrude in the most unnatural, goofiest, dominatrix-slash-floral manner that I had to have Samantha come feel me up behind the curtain so she could see why I was laughing so hard to myself in the dressing room.



No comments: