Friday, March 14, 2008

ok, i lied.

I might just stay here next year. I'm still trying to work this all out in my head, what direction I should take my next Big Life step in, and where I belong, but i feel like it would be silly to throw away a UK visa that's basically being handed to me as part of the International Graduate Scheme. Basically, the UK is working to encourage students from abroad who get their postgraduate degrees here to stay and find work. We get a year-long visa (for the lofty price of something like 300 quid) and THEN hopefully find someone to hire us, rather than the other way around which is how it usually goes.

I'm still not completely at home in London yet, but I know that I like it more each day, especially now that it's light out for more than three minutes out of 24 hours. And San Francisco will always be there for me, and hopefully most of my friends will still be there too.

Anyway, it's what I've had on my mind lately. We'll see.

1 comment:

travel notes said...

congratulations :) and it's so nice you're staying in Blighty. I am DESPERATE to come to London - I promise to you -and to myself - that we will meet in LDN in the next year! Think of the cakes! xxx