Friday, August 22, 2008

now that's some good baggage

Heathrow, 8 am, off the red eye from Chicago on which I slept nary a wink, and who's standing next to me, waiting for HIS luggage? 

Oh icky thump, it was Jack motha-uckin' White!! The ridiculously, bizarrely sexy musician who is just as pale and even better dressed in person than you'd imagine. He had feathers! Sticking out of his fedora!! And the sexiest suit I've ever seen. He was surrounded by the Raconteurs, who were all heavily be-spectacled and suavely dressed in fantastic suits. When I walked by him I definitely saw my rad scarf catch his eye. I'd like to think it was me that caught his eye, butl let's be real here, the man is married to Karen Elson. I stood next to him and waited for my bag, wrestling with several inner me's over whether to approach him and fawn over him, or just say a simple "I think you're an incredible musician" and walk away coolly, or just ignore him like I do with most non-celebrity guys I'm interested in. I chose the latter, because I'm a pu**y and more importantly, because I didn't want to be THAT person calling attention to the man who's just trying to get his luggage and move on. Anyway, it was a thrilling sighting, better even than hot Real World C.J. at douchey Les Deux in LA last week, although certainly not better than running into dear Danny DeVito. : ) 

I leave you with the inimitable White Stripes rendition of Dolly Parton's Jolene. Heavenly in her arms, rabid anguish in theirs. Fantastic.


2 comments:

Milla said...

you are one lucky duckling!

Kathryn said...

you are really funny. i like your blog.