Monday, September 29, 2008

so this is inevitable withdrawal



my peach flatmates made it very difficult to leave. 

on this rainy chicago morning, i woke up to an email from olivia, entitled 'what unemployed people do in the morning', full of goofy photos of her & julien on our couches, posing with the books that my heavy suitcases simply wouldn't allow me to bring home (i wouldn't have taken the horrific Nostromo with me anyway, but i was sad to say goodbye to the jean rhys). 

just last week this was me & julien in the late mornings, searching for jobs on our laptops while our tv blared in the background, subtitled for julien. we preferred House & Frasier, but would settle for the OC or richard & judy when nothing else was available.

feeling rather fragile now that i'm home. i'm happy to be here & with my sweet family, but my teary-eyed reaction to watching the local weather forecast this morning clued me into the fact that no, i'm not quite over you yet, london.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

we can splash in puddles and drink dark ale and pretend tonight! i love you!

molly said...

really? you're gone from london for good? i mean, for now, for good? i guess i didn't really pick up on that... i thought you were just going home for a visit. but this sounds quite permanent.

can you believe how worked up i'm getting?