Tuesday, September 02, 2008

stick a fork in me

doneDONEdone with my master's as of 2pm yesterday. Not sure what i was expecting  -- trumpet fanfare, balloons, confetti, cakes with elaborate layers of buttercream frosting? -- what transpired was something slightly more anti-climactic, along the monotone lines of "just pop your paypah in the box there, yeah? i'll sort it out lay-tah." k...uh, bye!! 

Well, then off some coursemates & i went, to celebrate as the English do: by heading straight to the pub. Around 1 am a Hackney drunk with cuts around his eyes sat himself next to me at a bus stop and told me he liked my hair but and that my knees were nice but muscular. Not sure what that means. Then he pontificated about knees for awhile. 

It's kind of awkward when you're sitting on a double decker and the bus stops next to another double decker and then you're creepily close to someone in the next bus over, like 1 inch plus 2 windowpanes away. It's disorienting being that close to someone 25 feet up, I'm never sure where to look.

It's 4 pm and I'm still in pj's. What next, life? What next indeed.


6 comments:

tapecase | r s e said...

congratulations!! now get on that bullet train from london to los angeles!!!

thetiniestspark said...

thanks rhan!! i'm a-workin' on it....

wagner israel cilio iii said...

oh i didn't think that at all. i think you are a god person. i like my name too. it is legit.

ryan said...

next stop, world domination

Zach said...

congratulations! i can't believe you are done. so quick the UK master's move.

if you go to L.A. can you go back and reclaim the two year work permit offer at a later date?

Anonymous said...

Congrats !!

Now get left.